Have you activated your TV services in Canada? Is your channel lineup the way you’d like it to be? Most Canadians have no clue how to activate their TV service with CTV. CTV is a Canadian specialty channel and they do not provide instructions on how to use their channels through their website.
This handy guide will show you how to activate Canadian television channels on your iOS or Android device using Apple TV 4th generation, Roku streaming players, and Samsung Smart TVs.
- What is ctv.ca/activate?
- List of devices that supported CTV services
- Activate CTV at ctv.ca/activate on Apple TV
- Activate CTV on Android Smart TV using ctv.ca/activate
- Activate CTV on Roku devices
- How to Activate CTV at ctv.ca/activate on Fire Stick?
- Activate CTV on Samsung smart TV
- Activate CTV on Xbox using ctv.ca/activate
- Activate CTV on PS4 using ctv.ca/activate
What is ctv.ca/activate?
ctv.ca/activate is a new website which allows users to sign up for additional services offered by Bell, including TV packages and mobile phones. It is a free service that will help you activate your TV, Internet and phone service in one easy step.
List of Devices that Supported CTV Services
There are different devices in which we can use CTV:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Gaming Console (PS4, PS5, Xbox)
Activate CTV at ctv.ca/activate on Apple TV
- Download the CTV app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Sign in with your existing account or create a new one.
- Check your local channel lineup by selecting “My TV” under My Apps, then select “Find Channels.” The channels will appear in alphabetical order.
- Scroll down until you find what you want to watch and click on it to launch it.
Activate CTV on Android Smart TV using ctv.ca/activate
- Download the CTV app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Open the app and sign in with your username and password. If you do not remember your username or password, you will be asked to enter them.
- After signing in, you will see a list of channels on your Android Smart TV. Select the one that you want to activate and then click the channel logo at the top right corner of the screen.
- You are now ready to watch CTV on your Android Smart TV!
Activate CTV on Roku Devices
- Open the Roku Channel Store
- Search for CTV Live or CTV News Now
- Select the channel to download and install
- Once you see the download complete, open up your device’s address bar and type in ctv.ca/activate
- Enter your passcode, then press OK to accept it. Then you will be directed back to your home screen
How to Activate CTV at ctv.ca/activate on Fire Stick?
- Go to the official site of CTV.
- Click on the Activate button in the top right corner of your screen.
- Follow the steps mentioned on the screen and enter your password when prompted to do so.
- Once activated, you will be redirected back to the main page of CTV’s website where you can log in using your credentials or create a new user account if you don’t have an existing account yet.
Activate CTV on Samsung Smart TV
If you are a CTV subscriber and are looking to activate your CTV on Samsung Smart TV, then the following steps will help you with that.
- Open the settings on your Samsung Smart TV remote control.
- Go to “System Settings” and then “Network”.
- Select “Set Up New Connection”, followed by “Network Set Up”.
- Enter your Internet Service Provider (ISP) username and password if prompted, then click continue.
- Go back to Network Settings and select “Set Up New Connection” again, followed by “Network Set Up” again.
- Enter your Internet Service Provider (ISP) username and password if prompted again, then click continue. You should now see a new entry called “CTVProvider1” in your list of connected networks. Select this entry and enter your PIN number if prompted.
Activate CTV on Xbox using ctv.ca/activate
To activate CTV on Xbox, follow these steps:
- Go to the Xbox Store and search for your favorite channels.
- Find the CTV Channel Pack, scroll down and click on Buy Now.
- Select the tab for “Buy Now” and then select the option to confirm purchase.
- You will now be prompted to enter your Microsoft account credentials. Click Next and then Finish.
- The activation process will begin and you will receive an email notifying you that your order has been successful.
Activate CTV on PS4 using ctv.ca/activate
You can use the following steps to activate CTV on your PS4:
- Go to http://ctv.ca/activate and log in using your email address and password with your TV provider.
- Select the device you want to use and click on “Activate.”
- Follow the step-by-step instructions on the screen, which include entering your TV provider’s PIN code.
- Wait for 5 minutes before your CTV channels are activated.
I guess now you have learned how you can activate CTV on various devices. All you have to do is know the right steps for each device and perform them accordingly, once you do that, you will have your CTV set up on your desired platform in no time.